- 11:30 am - Mon, Apr 9, 2012
- 75 notes
7 year-round uses for plastic Easter eggs
- Use eggs as refillable snack containers.
- Use as holders for jewelry, coins, screws or other hardware, or other small items.
- Fill with needle and thread, safety pins, and an extra button or two, and use as portable sewing kits.
- Turn eggs into bird feeders: thread string through hole in one end, then roll egg in peanut butter and birdseed.
If you have small children:
- Fill eggs with small objects and use in learning games (e.g., memory games, finding matching pairs of items).
- Tuck crayons into an egg for a portable activity option.
- Use eggs as sound shakers — fill them with paper clips or nuts.
Find other child-friendly ideas on the Playing House in Maryland blog.
(Credits: top, RealSimple.com; others, Playing House in Maryland here and here)